Partner Employment Program
We’ve helped more than 95 Defence partners secure meaningful employment. Let us help you on your career journey.
You’ve supported your partner in their Defence career, but this might mean your own career prospects have taken a back seat. The RSL Employment Program supports partners of current and former Defence members in their search for employment. Our tailored program is free and can be provided online or over the phone.
The RSL Employment Program can help you find your own path through:
- career counselling
- help translating your skills for the job market
- help interpreting selection criteria, and writing CVs, application letters and social media profiles
- interview skills
- connections to employers throughout Australia.
I think the services most valuable to me were the team assisting me with reviewing my CV because I hadn’t been in the workforce for a number of years after having small children. They also helped me deal with interview techniques and really reaching out there to get some work experience and some employment contacts. – Kate, partner of ex-Defence member
To be eligible for the Employment Program for partners, you must:
- be married or the de facto partner of a current or ex-serving ADF member
- not be in regular employment
- be a resident of a participating state and have an Australian Residence status
- have accessed the Partner Employment Assistance Program (PEAP) with the Defence Community Organisation (DCO).
If you have not accessed the Partner Employment Assistance Program (PEAP), please click here for more information on how to access it.
The Employment team can help you in a variety of different is available to talk with you confidentially over the phone or online.
To arrange a consultation, either fill out the form below or call 134 RSL.
Still have questions? Download the FAQ document below to get the answers.
If you have any concerns about how employment might impact any DVA entitlements received by you or your partner, we recommend you contact the DVA directly.
The RSL Employment team is working to help Defence partners across Australia find meaningful employment, using RSL Queensland’s highly successful, evidence-based program. This program received grant funding from the Australian Government.