Ex-Defence Employment Program
We’ve helped more than 275 veterans secure meaningful employment after Defence. Let us help you write your next chapter.
The RSL Employment Program can support you in your search for civilian employment with our tailored program for ex-Defence members. Whether you’re currently transitioning or have been out of the Australian Defence Force for a while, our program is free and can be provided online or over the phone.
Our highly trained team will work with you to determine how they can best support your search for employment. This may include:
- career counselling
- help translating your skills for the civilian job market
- help interpreting selection criteria, and writing CVs, application letters and social media profiles
- interview coaching
- connections to employers throughout Australia.
A lot of the team are ex-services as well so they understand what you’re going through, they’ve been there themselves so they know how to help you out. They’ll bend over backwards for you. – Tristan, Army veteran
To be eligible, you must:
- be a resident of a participating state
- be an ex-ADF member not in regular employment OR a current ADF member with a confirmed discharge date
- have already exhausted Defence Force Transition Program (DFTP) entitlements
- not be currently in the DVA Work Rehab Program.
If you have not already exhausted DFTP entitlements please click here for more information on how to exhaust the entitlements.
The Employment team can help you in a variety of different is available to talk with you confidentially over the phone or online.
To arrange a consultation, either fill out the form below or call 134 RSL.
Still have questions? Download the FAQ document below to get the answers.
If you have any concerns about how employment might impact any DVA entitlements received by you or your partner, we recommend you contact the DVA directly.
The RSL Employment team is working to help veterans across Australia find civilian employment, using RSL Queensland’s highly successful, evidence-based program. This program received grant funding from the Australian Government.